Monday, December 29, 2014

Review of Raspberry, Feta, Pumpkin Seed Salad

You know how I promised a review of the Raspberry, Feta, Pumpkin Seed Salad on Thursday? Well, first of all, I forgot that was Christmas Day, but no worries, I was gonna post anyway, as we have a very laid-back Christmas Day in our household.
However, the real problem was that my ENTIRE family fell prey to some kind of sickness. SuperBoy had an icky cough. Just before Christmas, LoveBug had a 48-hr flu, which turned into an icky cough, for which we are going to the doctor this afternoon. My hubby got sick on Tuesday; he went to Urgent Care on Friday and was diagnosed with the flu  and put on meds; he is weak but recovering slowly. And me, hacking cough on Tuesday night turned into full-blown sinusitis and drippy drainage, which landed me in Urgent Care as well, because I couldn't attempt a breath without coughing! I'm on safe-for-pregnancy meds now, but it's a slow recovery process in this household. Ugh.
So THAT is why there was no post on Thursday; I was completely wiped out. Still am a bit. :(


So now, back to my review of the above-pictured salad. Tasty! The greens stayed fresh and crisp. The Craisins added a hint of sweetness, while the feta cheese chunks provided some tang.

In the future, I would have replaced the pumpkin seeds with chopped pecans. For me personally, I think that I prefer pecans or walnuts to pumpkin seeds. But at least, I gave it a shot, right?


What types of ingredients could you combine to create your own mason jar salad? In fact, what would you want to see me try? I'll gladly be your Mason Jar Salad guinea pig.

Lastly, this will be my next post until next year - don't worry; it's just around the corner. See you all next Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment