Thursday, July 31, 2014

Recap of Plane Snacks

We've returned from our 3-week vacation to visit extended family on the East Coast. Do NOT take a peek at my living room right now! Three backpacks, three suitcases and one duffel bag, all awaiting to be unpacked, are strewn all over the floor.

I wanted to give another recap about the snacks I packed for the plane ride.

First, here is what we took back on our homeward-bound flights. 1 Welch's fruit snacks, 1 mandarin orange cup, 1 Mott's applesauce pouch, 1 GoGo Squeez pouch, a few fruit strips, 1 baggie of apricots, 1 baggie of blueberries, 1 Kashi, 1 package of Austin crackers, 2 baggies of Cheez-Its, 1 candy necklace, 2 Clif-Z bars. All of these snacks went into a gallon-size, Ziploc bag - 1 bag per person.


Here's what was left over from the kids' and my snack bags. Seems like quite a bit, but remember that is from 3 people's bags. AND I'd much rather be over-prepared and not use it all, then the alternative ... hungry, cranky kids and therefore hungry, cranky momma!


I learned that Nutri-Grain bars are terrific ... but unfortunately, they easily squish into a flat, yet delicious pancake, making them difficult to eat neatly. Perhaps, they are best saved for a travel-by-car snack. Kashi granola bars, on the other hand, held up great!


So, what do I do with the left-overs? I put the fruit-type snacks into 1 bin, and the other snack foods went into another snack bin. And now I just replenished my Smart Summer Snacking bins, except for the veggies. Time to go shopping for produce!



1 comment:

  1. So fun to follow your blog and get inspired! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete