Monday, July 28, 2014

Rainbow of Foods Bento Lunch


Today's lunch is brought to you by the colors of the rainbow. I truly believe that this is one of the easiest lunch to make. Fruits and veggies provide so much variety of colors; it's a perfect starting point for a rainbow-themed lunch!

Quartered, bright red strawberries began the rainbow-theme of this lunch. Since I didn't have much room in the bento box, I combined the orange and yellow categories by using juicy, peach slices. For the green component, I added a few broccoli florets.

To create the blue section of the food rainbow and to add some protein to the lunch, I hard-boiled an egg and shelled it. After lightly rolled it in blue food coloring, I patted it dry and sliced it into easier-to-eat rounds.

The purple part of the rainbow was provided by grapes. Strips of brown toast provide a few bites of grain. The white component is sticks of jicama, and the black category is compromised of black olives.

What colors and foods could you compile to make a rainbow-themed lunch?



No comments:

Post a Comment