Monday, July 14, 2014

S Alphabento

It's been a long time since I've created an Alphabento - a bento lunch in which all of the foods begin with the featured letter. Today, I'm featuring the Letter S Alphabento.

Here's what I began with: Salad dressing, Salad, Skittles (for dessert), Starfruit, Swiss cheese slices and Strawberries, as well as Spinach, Sausage and Swiss Stromboli.


The longest part of the process was making the Stromboli. I winged it, using online recipes as a guideline. Basically, I took pizza dough and rolled it out, adding layers of Swiss cheese, baby Spinach and cooked Sausage crumbles. Rolling it up, I baked it at about 375-degrees for 20-25 minutes.

Next, I sliced the Starfruit. Here's how: using a sharp knife, I trimmed the pointy edges off of the starfruit. Laying it on its side, I cut star-shaped slices.

Into a small container, I dropped in a few Skittles for dessert. I tucked in a slice of Swiss cheese behind a condiment container of Salad dressing - happens to be our favorite - Hidden Valley Ranch!

Lastly, I arranged it everything in an EasyLunchbox. And presto, a S Alphabento lunch.





No comments:

Post a Comment