Thursday, December 11, 2014

Reviews of TJ's December Fearless Flyer items

On Monday's post, I promised our family's reviews of the Trader Joe's products that we tried. All of which were found in the December Fearless Flyer - I wonder why they call it that. Hmm.

For snack at school, I packed Cinnamon Apple Sticks. They are crunchy, with a hint of apple flavor. LoveBug LOVED them, but SuperBoy didn't like them. Oh well, more for LoveBug.


The Multigrain Pita Bite Crackers were a hit with everyone. Personally, I wouldn't say that they reminded me much of pitas, but they were tasty as a cracker nonetheless.


Unexpected Cheddar - Trader Joe's describes it as such: "The smooth creaminess of the Cheddar gives way to a tangy flavor and slightly crumbly texture, a subtle hint of salt crystallization is discovered, and it begins to taste like an aged Parmesan." That description seemed to hold true for our family. A definite "keeper".


The Spinach & Kale Bites were a bit of a gamble. I mean it's practically pure veggies that I was putting in a kid-friendly lunch. LoveBug said they weren't her favorite, and SuperBoy declared them "okay"; however, he wasn't feeling the greatest that day, so I don't know if his opinion counts. :) Hubby and I LOVED these veggie bites. They are definitely better hot out of the oven or warmed in the microwave, but still pretty tasty when they are cold. And I will tell you that they could use a sprinkling of salt. But yum, yum, yummy!


Southwestern Style Chicken Poppers - When I first read about these in the Fearless Flyer, I figured that they were boneless chicken wings with a southwest kick. Nope, I was wrong. Here's how Trader Joe's describes them: We took "the black bean-corn combo made delicious in our Cowboy Caviar Salsa ... added diced white meat chicken, jack cheese, spinach, and southwestern style seasonings, then rolled it all up in a crunchy and colorful tortilla chip crust." It is delicious. LoveBug, Hubby and I could have these poppers in our lunches almost everyday. Good hot or cold. LoveBug said that these poppers were the best part of her lunch, apart from the Candy Cane Joe-Joe of course. :)


The most-anticipated part of the packed lunch ... the Candy Cane Joe-Joe. What is that, you might ask? It's like an Oreo, with a creamy, peppermint-flavored filling, studded with candy cane pieces. And these are only in stock at Trader Joe's in December.
Also, highly anticipated in our household are the Chocolate-Covered Candy Cane Joe-Joe's - oh pure deliciousness!


That's the end of our reviews for the December Fearless Flyer. I hope you got inspired to try a few new things. And if you live anywhere near a Trader Joe's, you most definitely have to try the Candy Cane Joe-Joes.



No comments:

Post a Comment