Wednesday, December 17, 2014

"It's A Wonderful Life" Bento

On Monday, I posted a picture of one of my all-time favorite Christmas movie, and I challenged you to name that movie.
One guess was "A Christmas Story"; nope, but good guess.
Others guessed "It's A Wonderful Life" - if you were one of those people, you were right!



I tried to use several components to portray the "George Lassoes the Moon" scene.

(1) First, there's the Babybel cheese that I used to depict the moon.

(2) The "person" is made from buffalo chicken bites, and is using a Twizzler Pull-n-Peel rope to lasso the moon. The "person" represents George Bailey, while the buffalo chicken bites are a nod to the song that George and Mary sang in this scene - "Buffalo gals, won't you come out tonight? And dance by the light of the moon."

(3) The broccoli florets are placed to illustrate the bushes that Mary hid in once she accidentally lost her robe.


(4) The mini bell pepper is cut into a bell shape, to represent Zuzu's phrase "Every time a bell rings, an angel gets its wings."

(5) The angel-shaped angel food cake represents Clarence, George Bailey's guardian angel, who eventually gets his wings in the end.

Hope you enjoyed my culinary nod to "It's A Wonderful Life". If you have not seen this movie, rent it or borrow it from a friend; it's a heart-warming Christmas classic. If you already love this film, watch it again. I know I will be watching it again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment