Monday, January 5, 2015

Quick and healthy bento

Sometimes, life hands you lemons, and in the midst of trying to make lemonade from those lemons, life goes on, and school lunches still need to be made. What the heck am I talking about? Well, over Christmas break, along with my entire family getting sick, I developed bronchitis, the severe coughing of which illness bruised my rib. The only way to heal a rib = rest. So I am not allowed to do pretty much anything, except breathe, sit, rest and sleep. I can't grocery shop. I can't vacuum. I can't make meals. I can't do diddly-squat. (But a major shout out to my awesome husband, who has taken care of me and the kids and the household. Love you, Babe!)

However, the kids went back to school today (hooray!). And I needed something for their lunches. Remember how I said I couldn't grocery shop? Therefore, there wasn't a huge of variety of lunch-type items in our house. But I managed to pull together a relatively healthy lunch out of what was left-over from the holiday munchies.


Today's lunch consisted of:
Roasted Garlic Triscuits (grain)
Baby carrots, broccoli florets, snipes and celery sticks (lots of veggies)
String cheese (dairy)
Costco's fruit and nut trail mix (fruits and protein)

Don't think that you can't make a quick and healthy lunch. Just look around at what you have, and put it together. It doesn't have to be Pinterest-worthy; mine aren't! Healthy and do-able - let's all aim for that goal this new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment