Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Homemade Lunchable: How-To


Today, I want to show you just how easy it is to make a homemade lunchable.


Here are the ingredients, most of which I just grabbed from my refrigerator and cupboards. Ritz veggie crackers, string cheese, sliced roast beef, black olives, broccoli, blueberries, raspberries and yellow bell pepper strips.


First, put the crackers into a small section or container of a lunchbox, to ensure that they will still fresh and crisp until lunchtime. For this lunch, I used an Easy Lunchbox.



Next, pour about a 1/2 cup of raspberries and a 1/2 cup of blueberries into another compartment. What a beautiful, tasty combo!


Roast beef and cheese roll-ups. Here's the part that looks complicated, but it really isn't!
(1) Lay out 6 roast beef slices (1 serving size). Cut 1 string cheese into 3 equal pieces.
(2) Cut each string cheese piece in half lengthwise, so that you have a total of 6 pieces.
(3) Fold each roast beef slice in half. Place 1 string cheese piece at the end of a roast beef half-circle. Roll up.
(4) Secure with a food pick or toothpick. Repeat until all roast beef roll-ups are finished.


Add your veggies. I put in broccoli florets and yellow pepper strips, because that is what I had in my refrigerator. Use whatever veggies you have on hand.


My kids LOVE black olives. When they were toddlers, my mom taught them how to put an olive on each finger, and then eat the olives off of their fingers. Talk about "finger food"!
My not-so-little kids still love to do that!


However, I do not like the taste of black olives. Guess what? I didn't put them in MY lunch. Talk about personalizing the lunches. That's the beauty of homemade lunchables. You can cater to each person's individual likes and dislikes.

Grab a lunchbox or a few small containers. Look around your cupboards and refrigerator for some foods to create a balanced lunch. See what kind of homemade lunchable you can come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment