Tuesday, April 1, 2014

April Fool's Lunch


For the kids' lunch, I created 'Asian dumplings". Except that they are far from Asian dumplings. More like peanut-butter-and-jelly half-moon sandwiches. Heehee! Here's how I made them:


First, I bought white bread (which we almost never do), in order to create the look of the dumpling wrapper.


Next, I flattened each piece of bread with a rolling pin.


See the difference? Flattened bread on the left. Regular, fluffy bread on the right.


I took a child's IKEA bowl (it's what I had on hand) and used it to cut a large circle out of the flattened bread slice.


I spread a dollop of peanut butter and a smear of homemade jam in the center of the bread circle. (Do not spread it all the way to the edges!)


Fold the circle in half, and crimp the edges with a fork. Basically, you want to seal the edges together, and the pressure from the fork pinches the bread closed.


Tada! Asian dumplings. Nope, it's PBJ sammies. April Fool's!

1 comment:

  1. This is so clever! I will be making these for the 3yr old I nanny!

    ReplyDelete