Monday, April 28, 2014

Homemade Lunchable


On Friday, I chaperoned my daughter's class field trip to a local museum. Everyone had to bring their own lunch. I think for most people the "go-to" brown bag lunch is a store-bought Oscar Mayer Lunchable, or the healthier meal kit option by Revolution Foods. I have a problem with both of these items.

(1) Oscar Mayer Lunchable - While there are numerous choices available, they are not good for you! And though the price is relatively low for a packaged lunch, the amount of food in that "lunch" - well, let's just say that would make a great after-school snack for my kids. In my opinion, that is not enough for lunch for a elementary-schooler. So Lunchables are a no-go in our household.

(2) Revolution Foods meal kits - I have not tried them yet; however, they do look rather tasty. I believe that these meal kits cost about $3.50 each. To me, that is cost-prohibitive. Not in our household.

So, what to do? Pack pbj sandwiches that will get squished during our travels around the museum. No thanks.

How about I just pack our own lunchables in Easy Lunchboxes? Perfect! On Thursday, I will walk you through HOW I made this one. It's seriously so easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment