Monday, December 2, 2013

Brought to you by the Letter F

Today's blog post is brought to you by the Letter F. (For all of you "Arrested Development" fans, I call this post ... "Bent-o F", set to the tune of "Mist-er F".)


I originally wanted to combine Fava beans and Feta cheese in a delicious-sounding vegetable side dish. Alas, Fava beans are nowhere to be found, since they are not in season. Instead, I sprinkled Feta cheese on top of spinach salad. The word 'Florentine' is Italian for "served with spinach". Therefore, I technically served Feta Florentine, "Feta served with spinach". I love using creative license!

Fruit cocktail adds a pop of color, while rounding out the meal.

The main course of the lunch is Farfalle, drizzled with olive oil, topped with Feta cheese, and sprinkled with scallions, salt and pepper.

The ending flourish is a dessert of Fig Newtons. Please notice that I placed the Fig Newtons into a silicone cup, in order to keep the dessert separate from the robust flavors of the olive oil and feta cheese on the noodles.

All-in-all: a light, delicious, packable lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment