Monday, December 9, 2013

A Grape-less Letter G Bento


Ever have an 'Aha!' moment? As I was beginning to write this post, I realized that I could have include 'grapes' as a fruit, but I forgot! Oh well.
Here is my grape-less G bento.

The top portion of the bento is filled with Gnocchi pasta, smothered in Genova pesto. A big thanks to Trader Joe's for this delicious sauce.

Using toothpicks, I made mini skewers of Genoa salami. Simply fold up the salami accordion-style, and then thread it onto the toothpicks. 

Surrounding the skewers of deli meat are cubes of Gouda cheese, which is one of the best cheeses in my opinion. My favorite Gouda is found at Trader Joe's.
(I promise that I don't purchase everything there, just a few delicious items!)

Next to the salami and cheese is a silicone cup of Garlicky Green beans. I made sure to include a spoon!

Besides missing grapes as a fruit, I think it is a pretty balanced lunch.
What will you make?
Ps. Don't forget to include the grapes! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment