Monday, December 23, 2013

Letter H Bento Lunch



Wow, this lunch was a bit hard to come up with! But I did it, and I have to say - it looks pretty AND tasty.

For the protein, I took a piece of Hake fish, encrusted it with bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese, and broiled it. In order to preserve its shape and integrity, I place the fish fillet in a flexible silicone dish.

Since we had never tried them before, I tested my luck by adding Hearts of Palm. Although pretty salty, they were not awful, but they were definitely not a first-time favorite. Haricot verts, the French word for green beans, add beautiful color to this Letter H lunch.

Honeydew melon and Huckleberries combine to create a gorgeous fruit salad. Actually I couldn't find any huckleberries in season, so I used blueberries. Don't tell my kids; they still don't know.

A Hard roll and Havarti cheese round up this delicious, fresh-looking lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment