Thursday, December 19, 2013

Cookie Cutters ... Secret Weapon for Bento Lunches

Wanna know my favorite tool? My secret weapon for creating fun lunches?
Cookie cutters. Yup, it's that simple. I purchased my Wilton Set of 101 Cookie Cutters at JoAnn's for about $14.99; however, I am sure that Michaels and Amazon sell them too.


I present: the full alphabet, plus numbers 1-8. At first, I thought it a bit strange 9 and 0 were not included. I'm guessing that you turn the 6 upside down to make it a 9, and you can use the letter O as the zero.


There is also an assortment of Easter cookie cutters. A cowboy boot & hat, along with a hand & a foot, are throw in for good measure. My son's favorite part? The plane, trucks, car and train. He can't wait for me to make a fun lunch out of transportation vehicles!


The Halloween and autumn collection includes a moon, 2 pumpkins, a cat and a house. For the sports enthusiast, there is a football and helmet, a baseball cap and a trophy. Two teddy bears are also included in this conglomeration of cookie cutters. SuperBoy's second favorite collection of cookie cutters: the dinosaurs. Be watching for a Dino Bento someday!


You cannot have a collection of cookie cutters without some hearts and circles! They come in several different sizes, and some of them even have crinkled edges.


Lastly, the Christmas cookie cutters. Please ignore the flour on the gingerbread people, candy canes and Christmas trees. I 'borrowed' these from my kids' cookie making so that I could take this picture.

By using the cookie cutter to create different shapes, lunch can go from 'Gee, it's lunchtime again" to "I can't wait to eat my lunch today!"

Mostly importantly, remember this:

No comments:

Post a Comment