Thursday, March 12, 2015

Veggie Wrap Tutorial

Today, I am going to demonstrate how to make a veggie wrap. Honestly, it's not hard. And the beauty of the wrap is that you can customize it based on (1) what you have on hand and (2) what veggies you like!


This picture represents the veggies that I had on hand - snap peas, carrot sticks and thinly sliced cucumbers. To make the wrap, I had whipped cream cheese and flour tortillas. (Also pictured: whole-wheat tortillas, peanut butter and bananas. These items are for a fruit-filled wrap, which I will feature in tomorrow's post.)


First, I spread a thin layer of whipped cream cheese on my tortilla. I prefer the whipped kind for this food adventure since it spreads better than the regular block cream cheese.


Next, I laid a few cucumber slices down the middle of the tortilla.


I topped the cucumber slices with carrot sticks and snap peas. So colorful!


Then I just rolled it up. I spread a bit more cream cheese on the edge of the tortilla to enable it to "seal shut". Two flower toothpicks held the wrap closed, while I cut in half.


Tada! Colorful, healthy lunch (or snack)!

No comments:

Post a Comment