Tuesday, March 10, 2015

DIY Veggie Wraps

So this week's post are about Veggie Wraps and Fruit Wraps. However, the kiddos got home from school before I had a chance to make the wraps and take the pictures. Of course, my growing children were HUNGRY, so ...

I put out all of the veggies, already cut up. And I spread a small amount of cream cheese on two whole-wheat tortillas.


Then I invited my kids to create their own after-school snack.


 My son even put radishes on his veggie wrap. He doesn't like radishes. But they were there, so he thought he'd try them. Fine by me!


They love to create their own dishes.


Sometimes, they pretend they are on MasterChef Junior.


But eating your colorful, edible presentation is even better.


They ate far more veggies in a child-assembled wrap than if I had made it for them.


Plus, the whole-wheat tortilla tides their seemingly-always-hungry bellies until dinnertime.

Later this week, I'll post a "How To" about veggie wraps and fruit wraps.

No comments:

Post a Comment