Friday, November 28, 2014

Thanksgiving Left-Overs

Ah yes, Turkey Day is over, but your left-overs might not be over. Personally, my family ADORES left-overs. Usually, I roast a HUGE turkey (about 20-22#), so that we have plenty of left-overs for turkey sandwiches and turkey noodle soup. But this time, I gladly let my mom-in-love cook a few turkey breasts in a crockpot; it turned out great- I didn't know you could do that! But the downside is that we don't have many left-overs. But if you do, here's a tip ... pack them up for a to-go lunch!


This lunch depends on what left-overs you have in your frig. Here is what I had around:
* Broccoli - on Thanksgiving, I roasted it (400-degrees for 20 minutes), but for the lunch, I left it crunchy and raw.
* Turkey - of course! Sliced and ready for nibbling.
* Cranberry-Orange Sauce - by Tyler Florence. It's SO easy to make! Delicious hot or cold. Can you tell I LOVE this recipe? I made it 3x in the past 2 weeks.
* Cheesy Mashed Potato Puffs - a great way to make-over left-over mashed potatoes.
* Black olives - the perfect accessory for fingers. Have you ever tried it? It's much more fun that way.
* Slice of sourdough baguette

Pack a cute, little pick or fork, and tada ... Thanksgiving Left-Overs lunch is served!

1 comment:

  1. I tried the Tyler Florence cranberry sauce and it rocks. Everyone ate it, even those who don't normally. Score.

    ReplyDelete