Wednesday, November 26, 2014

I bought a Bynto Lunchbox

Dear readers -
So sorry that life caught up with me again, and therefore I haven't been able to post recently. My kids have no school for the entire Thanksgiving week, due to parent-teacher conferences and Thanksgiving, obviously. And while I truly enjoy being with my kiddos, any semeblance of schedule goes right out the window. This week, we have conquered 1 housecleaning (someone else's), 2 parent-teacher conferences, a doctor's appointment, a trip downtown to the library, and a visit to have hot chocolate with Daddy at his work, all the while dealing with sibling quarrels (yes, my kids do that too), teachable moments, and of course lots of snuggles and book-readings. It's been a full week, in the past 2 days.


But here I am ... back to giving you some yummy lunchtime ideas ...


I wanted to show you the treasures that I found at a local kids' consignment event. 2 Goodbye Bynto Lunchboxes and drink boxes! A pink one for LoveBug and a blue one for SuperBoy! $6.50 for each box and drink container. On Amazon, they retail from $15+. On the Goodbyn website, it seems that the prices begin at $9+, without shipping and handling.


I tested these cute Bynto boxes, and they seem to work well. You definitely have to snap the lid down tightly around each compartment; that's a must. Also, they didn't come with a bag ($20 on Amazon), and since they are shaped differently than other lunch boxes, I didn't have a way to send them to school with the kids. Good thing that they had no school this week! It was a perfect pre-packed, stay-at-home lunch or put-in-the-cooler, in-the-car lunch. Eventually, I'll get a lunch sleeve bag, and let you know how it goes. Baby steps. :)

Due to Thanksgiving, there will be no post from me for the rest of the week. But early next week, look for a post on how to repurpose Thanksgiving left-overs into a tasty lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment