Monday, November 17, 2014

Turkey Noodle Soup To-Go

Our family loves Thanksgiving, with one of the best parts being turkey dinner left-overs. I have had a turkey in the deep freezer since last year, so we decided to brine & cook it up for an early Thanksgiving dinner. I mean, who says you can't have more than one Thanksgiving dinner in November, right?

After the meal, my hubby and I picked the turkey bones clean (gross), and then I make my grandma's turkey bone broth. (Basically, browning the bones in the oven, and then simmering on the stovetop, together with celery, onions and water for a few hours.) Then, to make Turkey Noodle Soup, I add egg noodles, left-over turkey, canned corn and chopped, hard-boiled egg. Serve with bread and a side veggie - perfect chilly weather meal!


I know that I've made a "hit" for dinner, when one kiddo requests it for lunch the next day, and then the other child chimes in, "Oh, me too!"

But how in the world am I supposed to pack soup for a school time lunch?
Thermos Funtainer Food Jar.


It supposedly keeps food hot for several hours. (SuperBoy did say that his lunch was still hot at lunchtime.) And I LOVE the seal on this thing; no leaks in the lunchbox.

They are not cheap, but Thermos is a trusted brand, and I would highly recommend this brand. You can find Thermos Funtainers on Amazon or in your local Target store.


Dinnertime left-overs for lunch the next day? That just opens the door to so many more lunchtime possibilities!

No comments:

Post a Comment