Monday, June 2, 2014

Creative, Coffee-Themed Treats.

(Disclaimer: This creation is NOT healthy, unless you consider chocolate-covered cherries to be a fruit. This is just a creative flair of mine that I wanted to share with you!)


The past few weeks, my coffee-loving husband and his amazing team have been hard at work, and I wanted to bless them with some delicious yumminess. These treats are not healthy, but every once in a while, a bit of sugar is "needed", ya know?

Using leaves from my husband's coffee trees (I told you that he loves coffee!), I melted green Wilton candy melts and brushed the warm chocolate onto the back of the leaves. After 10 minutes or so in the refrigerator, the chocolate hardened. The I carefully peeled the actual leaf away from the candy, resulting in a perfectly-formed chocolate leaf.

The red, chocolate-covered cherries are Cherry Bings fromChukar Cherries, and they represent the coffee cherries, in which green coffee beans grow.

Also from Chukar Cherries are the mocha-dusted, chocolate-covered espresso beans, which represent roasted coffee beans.

The centerpiece is a simple coffee cup. The inside is a tiramsu cupcake, wrapped in marshmallow fondant. I topped half of the cupcakes with a tiramsu-flavored marscapone cheese, dusted with cocoa powder. The other half, including the one pictured above, are topped with Trader Joe's cookie butter. (If you've never had this, you simply MUST try it. Super delicious.)

To my amazing husband, I'm so proud of your hard work and dedication! Hope you and your team enjoyed the yumminess.

1 comment:

  1. I thought that was a coffee mug! You totally had me fooled! I was reading it like, wait, there is a cupcake there? Lol!

    ReplyDelete