Friday, February 21, 2014

Olympics - Snowboarding

Snowboarding became an Olympic sport at the 1998 Winter Games in Nagano, Japan. Shaun White, a leading US snowboarder, has participated in three Winter Games, earning a total of 18 Olympic medals.

My kids love watching Shaun White, performing his flips and tricks. (Sorry, I don't know much about snowboarding lingo.) I read somewhere that Shaun White loves Chinese food, so this bento lunch is in his honor.


The first layer of the bento is filled with a peppery stir fry. Strips of marinaded beef combine with matchstick carrots, broccoli florets, sliced onions and baby bok choy to create a delicious, veggie-packed meal.
Packed into the second layer is a bed of white rice, sprinkled with diagonally sliced green onions and topped with a nori snowboarder.


3 comments:

  1. Your green onions are chopped so beautifully! Mine never look that good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sarah. It's actually pretty easy to do. One of these days, I'll share my tips. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are definitely "a creative soul." I imagine that your children love lunchtime. What a fun mom! I loved watching the snowboarding this year. And you even did your homework and found out what kind of food Shaun White enjoys. Kudos! : )

    ReplyDelete