Thursday, February 20, 2014

Olympics - Ice skating

Growing up, my fondest memories of the Winter Olympics were watching ice skating with my family. My favorites in women's figure skating were Kristi Yamaguchi and Nancy Kerrigan. In the men's competition, I favored Paul Wylie and was awed by Viktor Petrenko.

This Winter Olympics, I chose to highlight Gracie Gold as the Olympian athlete of this ice skating-themed lunch. I read an article that Gracie and her twin sister enjoy sharing ahi tuna and sushi. Therefore, I give you 'Ahi Tuna Sushi Deconstructed.'


Beginning with a bed of brown rice (it's what I had on hand),  I arranged slices of cooked ahi tuna, layered with baby spinch (for color and definition). Sliced avocado and julienned carrots line the outskirts of the bento. A few florets of broccoli add color and act as a side dish to the deconstructed sushi. Lastly, upon the rice, I laid a nori figure skater.


No comments:

Post a Comment