Monday, January 6, 2014

I Bento


Did you know that there are not many healthy foods associated with the Letter I? Therefore, this was a tricky bento lunch to create. However, I'm sure the the Letter X will prove to be much more difficult!

Today's lunch is simply centered around Italian foods. The main portion of this bento is Integrale (wholewheat) penne pasta, topped with Italian sausage, sautéed peppers and onions.

An Iceberg wedge presents a sophisticated twist on regular, boring salad. Present but not pictured: Italian dressing.

A slice of Italian bread is perfect for soaking up the juices remaining from the pasta and sausage. Delicious!

Please note: I did not include ice cream, because I had no way to keep it frozen for my kids mid-day meal. If you are doing these lunches at home, by all means, include ice cream! I would have. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment