Thursday, January 16, 2014

Coming soon .. the Olympics games!


Can I tell you .... I am SO excited for the upcoming Winter Olympics! Growing up, I have fond memories of watching ice skating with my family. Scott Hamilton, Kristi Yamaguchi, Nancy Kerrigan. (Yup, I'm dating myself here, but I don't care.)

One of the things that I like best about the Olympic games is that the sportsmanship is almost always excellent. Such a stark contrast against our country's overall poor sportsmanship. Major league ball players thinking WAY too much of themselves. To "everyone-deserves-a-trophy" sports. To the yelling, over-the-top parents on the sidelines of their kids' games. Personally, I have had enough of that.

However, with the Olympics games, a higher standard is expected, even demanded. Contrasted against our normal society, the Olympic standard is even more remarkable. I appreciate how Olympians give their best, while competing well against others, even against their own teammates. And yet, they are still a team, representing their own country.

When I see how much national pride our team has, it makes my heart swell with pride to be an American. I am looking forward to showing my kiddos what good sportsmanship and teamwork look like. I am super excited to be able to pass on my love for the Olympic games to my children, LoveBug and SuperBoy.

Since we just canceled cable, I guess I should buy some bunny ears so that we can actually WATCH the Olympic games, ya know? 21 days! Check out the website for a countdown clock and for updated news: Sochi 2014 Olympic Games.

Anywho, about lunches: I've got some ideas in the works. Olympic-themed bentos, anyone?!!! 21 days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment