Monday, November 11, 2013

C is Not Just for Cookie

Cookie Monster says, "C is for Cookie". But C is also the letter of the day for this bento. I didn't include a dessert in this lunch, but if we were playing Scattergories, I should get extra credit for the Cheddar Cheese - 2 C's in one item!


Nestled in between slices of Cheddar Cheese and Carrot sticks, lies a tasty scoop of homemade Chicken salad, topped with Cilantro sprigs. The other layer of this lunch contains a miniature, flaky Croissant, along with a fruit salad of Cantaloupe Chunks and Craisins.

In order to preserve the integrity of each lunch component, it is oftentimes necessary to contain or separate certain problematic ingredients. For instance, the mayo of the chicken salad would create a sliminess on the cheese, so I placed a baran divider between the two. (Baran is a "decorative food divider".) Similarly, I place the fruit salad into a silicone cup, so that the delicious juiciness remained contained, without making the croissant soggy. Because who likes a soggy croissant, ya know?

Let your Creative juices flow. See what type of "Letter C" lunch you can come up with. And I'll post a more extensive list of C foods later on this week.

2 comments:

  1. I love this! Chicken salad is brilliant, and my favorite idea out of this awesome bento.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. You should try a creative lunch too. I just know that your daughter would love one!

      Delete