Monday, November 25, 2013

E Bento Brunch



When you think about the letter E, what food pops into your head? For me, it's an egg. Well, actually an Egg McMuffin.

Not wanting to merely make a lunch containing E foods, I created a brunch-themed box, in which everything begins with E.

The main component of this brunch lunch is the Egg Muffin on an English muffin. (Later this week, I will teach you how easy it is to make your own Egg McMuffins at home.) If you will notice, in the main compartment, I placed the McMuffin in a flexible silicone cup. This keeps it away from any moisture of the salad, which would make the English muffin mushy.

Surrounding the English muffin breakfast sandwich, is a salad of Endive, Escarole and Epinards, which is French for "spinach".

For the fruit component, I wanted to find elderberries, but they don't seem to be in season. Instead I opted for an Elderflower Juice box, found at our local IKEA.

As a finishing touch, I added mini Eclairs. These things are the BEST! You can usually find them in the frozen section at the grocery store; I bought the ones made by Delizza Patisserie. They come in a large square plastic box, with about 30 mini eclairs inside. Pack a couple in your lunchbox, and they will thaw by lunchtime. OR throw one in the microwave for a few seconds, and you have a perfect portion dessert for those times when you have the munchies. Less than 50 calories per mini eclair. (Can you tell that I like these A LOT!)

So, that's it for today. Think about what you want to put into your E lunch. AND look for a special post about how to make your own Egg Muffins at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment