Thursday, April 30, 2015

Review of TJ's April Fearless Flyer

So here's our thoughts on the lunch items from Trader Joe's April Fearless Flyer:


Chile Lime Chicken Burger. Hmm, well ... it had potential, but I don't think it followed through on its promise for deliciousness. The chile flavor came through in several bites, but I desperately wanted more lime. (I LOVE lime!) If you were just looking for a decent chicken burger, this one works. However, if you were hoping for a chile-lime-flavored chicken burger, you might want to look elsewhere.


Iberico cheese. Trader Joe's describes this cheese as "A flavorful blend of cow, sheep and goat milk" from Spain." It reminds me of a soft Parmesan-tasting cheese. It was good, but since it's $9.99/#, I don't know that I'd go out and buy it often. I think I'll save my moola for TJ's smoked gouda - one of my favorites.


* Organic Sugar Snap Peas. Yum, yum, yum. Delicious, slightly sweet, crunchy. Get some.


Freeze Dried Strawberries. These dried fruits are listed online, but I didn't see a Fearless Flyer sign in the store. However, I'm glad I picked them up, since my kids raved about them. In fact, LoveBug and SuperBoy asked for these bits o' fruit in their morning oatmeal.


Just Mango Slices. Chewy yumminess. Pure fruit. Only problem ... My son just lost 4 teeth within the past few weeks, so the lack of teeth proved a little problematic against the chewiness of the dried mangoes. But he powered through. :)


Multigrain Crackers. Oh wow. The taste of these little round crackers reminds me of a Wheat Thin crossed with a stone-ground wheat cracker. They are good! Definitely on my list of items to buy again.

Did you try any TJ's item recently? Post below and let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment