Monday, April 6, 2015

Post Holiday Lunches

In our house, we are not big on the preparing the traditional American Easter dinner of ham and all the fixings. Why? Because it's a lot of work, and because my husband is not an avid lover of ham. He doesn't mind it, but ham isn't his first choice of meat. So this year, we enjoyed Pike Place Clam Chowder in bread bowls. I didn't have to cook, and there was hardly any clean-up! A delicious decision!

Only problem ... there weren't any left-overs, and we were running on low on lunch foods, since I hadn't been to the store in a few days. What's a mom to do? Especially a mom with a LUNCH BLOG? I put together lunches with what was in the refrigerator.

So LoveBug, who adores celery, received left-over homemade pizza and celery sticks with a side of Tapatio hot sauce. (My kids insist on having burn-your-tongue hot sauce; it must be something they inherited from both my husband and my dad.)


And SuperBoy, who does not prefer celery, enjoyed a ham-and-tortilla roll-up with last cucumber slices that were in the refrigerator veggie drawer.


To round out the nutrition of their lunches, I also put a string cheese stick and a clementine into each of their lunch boxes.

What do you find yourself packing for a post-holiday lunch? Leave a comment below.

Ps. Tomorrow, I'm doing a give-away. Check back, and enter to win!

No comments:

Post a Comment