Friday, April 3, 2015

Review of Chopped Salad

Earlier in the week, I had posted my "recipe" for making the chopped salad that I was craving. So here is my review of my mason jar chopped salad.

While it was beautifully layered and full of delicious-tasting healthy food, it fell a bit flat. I think that the balsamic dressing was not as flavorful as I had hoped. Perhaps next time, I'll find a recipe and make my own.
What I did love: SO many good-for-me veggies, plus a bunch of protein (chicken, mozz and salami). And the croutons (kept separate in a snack baggie until lunchtime) added the perfect crunch.


So, this particular creation did not satisfy my craving for a tasty chopped salad. BUT that just means that I have to tinker with my "recipe" and dressing. Once I get it just right, I'll repost a delectable one. Watch for it sometime.


No comments:

Post a Comment