Monday, February 2, 2015

Grab-and-Go Lunch

So the time is quickly approaching that time - time for Baby's arrival! Wahoo!
That got me to thinking ... umm, my big kiddos still need to eat lunch. Even if I'm in labor. And definitely once baby is home, even though I'll be super sleep-deprived.
So the kids and I went to Costco and loaded up on healthy food options that the kiddos can prepare by themselves (with minimal help and supervision).


Although there are many options out there, here's what I picked for this time.
Proteins:
* Tyson Panko Chicken Nuggets - absolutely delicious!
* Yogurt - I already some at home.
* Frigo String cheese - I also have on hand; bought big pack at Costco last trip.

Grains:
* Costco brand of Ancient Grains Crackers - at least 4 types of grains, with a touch of salt.
* Mission tortilla chips (not pictured)

Veggies:
* Baby Carrots - I divided these into snack baggies, for a quick grab-and-go veggie option.
* Madame Organic Edamame - 9 bags of frozen edamame. Microwave and package for lunchtime snacking.

Fruits:
* Clem N Tina's Clementines - sweet, juicy little clementines
* Tree Top Organic Applesauce cups - I love TreeTop products! Make sure to pack a spoon!



Later this week (or next week, if I have the baby soon), I'll be posting a few pics of some grab-and-go lunch combinations that you could make from this list.

No comments:

Post a Comment