Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Grab-and-Go Lunch, example 1

First, let me apologize for the delay between my posts. Not only are we, as a family,cadjusting to life with a newborn, but LoveBug broke her ankle on the playground, and that is yet another life adjustment to our schedule! But everyone is back to school, with LoveBug on crutches, and we can find our "new normal" as a family of five.

Plus, I am looking forward to getting creative again and regularly (hopefully!) posting once again.

Here's a throw-back to my post on Grab-and-Go Lunches. I promised several examples - here is one!


This quickly packable lunch consists of:
* Whole-grain crackers (breads/grains)
* String cheese (dairy)
* Broccoli florets (veggie)
* An applesauce cup AND spoon (fruit and utensil with which to eat it)
* Healthy and delicious Tyson chicken nuggets (protein)



A quick way to pack a healthy lunch punch. :)

2 comments:

  1. That looks like a yummy lunch. Which Tyson nuggets do you use that are healthier?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I purchased them at Costco (like a BJ's or Sam's Club). I guess I hadn't purchased chicken nuggets in a while, because I don't recall seeing "100% all natural" or "0g transfat" on the packaging. Both of these phrases were on Tyson's bag of chicken nuggets.
      And let me tell you ... they are DELISH! Moist and flavorful - unlike any other frozen-to-microwave-to-plate chicken nugget that I've ever had!
      Which reminds me ... I should make a Costco run soon. We are all out of chicken nuggets.

      Delete