Monday, October 13, 2014

Kale Slaw Mason Jar Salad

Lately, I've been craving the Eat Smart Sweet Kale Salad Kit that you can find at Costco and some grocery stores. But we currently don't have a Costco membership, and a bag from the grocery store wouldn't provide very many lunches for me.


 So ... I made my own in a Mason Jar!


Here's what the ingredients that I used:
Craisins
Chopped almonds
Brianna's Poppyseed Dressing
Brussel sprouts
Dole Coleslaw mix
Trader Joe's chopped Kale
Taylor Farms Baby Spring Mix


First, I placed about 2 Tbs. of Brianna's Poppyseed Dressing into each glass jar. This dressing is delectable! It might be my new favorite!


Next, I added a few small handfuls of Dole coleslaw mix to each jar. The cabbage in the coleslaw is the hardiest of any vegetable in this mix, which is why I placed it on the bottom.


Next, I began shredding the Brussel sprouts with my mandoline. At first, I begin by running a Brussel sprout over the mandoline blade a few times. This makes it flat enough for the next step ...


... Where I use the food holder (real original name, huh?) to finish the slicing job. This prevents me from slicing my fingers on the sharp mandoline blade.


Doesn't that look pretty?


So then I added the shredded Brussel sprouts to each of my Mason jars.


A handful or two of Taylor Farms Baby Spring Mix ...


A few handfuls of Trader Joe's yummy kale ...


About a quarter-cup of craisins. So colorful.


And sprinkle of chopped almonds ....



And I have 5 Mason jars lunches of my own Kale Slaw - one for each weekday this week. On Thursday, I'll let you know how it turned out. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment