Friday, October 24, 2014

All Things Autumn ... a Kid Review of TJ's foods

Wow, it has been quite the week, as you can surmise by my one-day-delayed posts! Anyways, here are the reviews by my kiddos on the Trader Joe's foods featured in Tuesday's Autumn Lunch.


The Organic Applesauce Cups are kid-approved! I tried one myself, and they taste just like good ole applesauce. It's a winner.

Unfortunately, the Honey Roasted Pumpkin Ravioli was not a success. LoveBug ate them but didn't enjoy them; SuperBoy tasted them and didn't eat any more. I tasted a few bites, and although I'm a pumpkin-lover, I didn't think they were all that great. The filling was supposed to be pumpkin and ricotta; however, all you tasted was pumpkin. And while the pasta part was beautifully colored, it lacked in flavor. A thumbs down overall.

Pumpkin Joe Joe's were a hit. Definitely pumpkin-y, a little too sweet for me, but kid-approved for sure.

Mixed reviews on Roasted Mashed Sweet Potatoes. LoveBug thought they were good; SuperBoy did not prefer them. Personally, I loved them. I loved the taste and texture, and I adore how easy it is to make them. A few orange pucks in the microwave for a few minutes, and presto ... a veggie is served!

Toscana Cheese with Cinnamon - I am seriously surprised at myself, that I actually packed this delightful cheese in the kids' lunches, instead of keeping it for myself! It's that good! And of course, my cheesemongers loved it. I mean, what's not to love - hard, nutty-tasting cheese with a touch of cinnamon. Oh yum!

Lastly, my kids have snacktime in their classroom each morning, so I pack a snack into their lunchboxes for that very purpose. These "This Pumpkin Walks into a Bar" bars are the perfect item. In fact, my kids loved them so much, that I never got to take a nibble. And I guess that's an okay thing.

Hope you enjoyed our reviews of some Trader Joe's Autumn food items. Perhaps, you should go try a new Autumn-themed food too, either at Trader Joe's or any grocery store! Happy Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment