Friday, August 8, 2014

Hammock Lunch How-To

On Monday, I posted A Relaxing Hammock Lunch. Today, I want to show you how the steps to make this lunch yourself!

Here are the ingredients that I used - Near East couscous, Twizzlers Pull-n-Peel, a peach, snappeas and whole almonds.


Next, I prepared each individual food, making lunch assembly much easier. Cooked the couscous according to the directions on the box. Pulled apart the Pull-n-Peel Twizzlers. Carefully sliced large rounds of the juicy peach. Trimmed the ends off of the snappeas. (Disregard the blueberries in this picture; I was going to use them to create an ocean-look over the couscous beach. However, it didn't look great, so I ended up not using them.)


Once all of the individual components had been prepped, I spooned the fluffy couscous onto the bottom third of the plate, taking the shape of the beach.


Next, whole almonds form the palm tree trunks.


Fresh snappeas spring forth from the almond trunks, creating edible palm tree fronds.


Cutting a slice of peach to form a hammock-shape, I placed it in between the palm trees.


Lastly, a Twizzler Pull-n-Peel strand hangs the hammock between the palm trees.


How easy was that?! Let me know if you give it a try. Even better, send me a picture!


No comments:

Post a Comment